Safety in the manufacturing and processing sectors is important to prevent or minimize the risk of worksite injuries, related illnesses and even death.
Employee morale and efficiency improve with a positive safety culture. Unsafe equipment leads to injuries that add to the cost of running the facility and degrades morale and efficiency.
An effective manufacturing and processing safety process includes 100% employee participation and holds everyone accountable through the Internal Responsibility System.
How do we enhance safety?
- Inform supervisors of unsafe conditions.
- Use equipment, machines, and tools properly.
- Wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Prevent slips, trips, and falls.
- Keep work areas and emergency exits clear.
- Have a hazard reporting system in place.
- Prevent objects from falling.
- Use correct posture when lifting.
- Conduct regular workplace inspections.
- Ensure safe work procedures are being followed.